Monday, March 22, 2010

Mango Bread


Hey folks!!
Sorry that it have been an while since I last put an post on here. My boyfriend loves Mango so I thought that it would make the bread taste even better if I add Mango to it and it turns out pretty good and it becames one of our favorite dessert so give it an try and let me know what you think about it. It may not look very pretty but I can assure you that it taste good. Enjoy :D


Ingredients:

•2 Cups all purpose flour
•1 Cups sugar
•1/2 Teaspoon salt
•2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
•3 Eggs, slightly beaten
•3/4 Cup vegetable oil (not olive oil)
•2 Cups finely chopped mango
•1/2 Cup chopped pecan or walnuts
•1 Tablespoon lime juice
•1/2 Cup raisins (optional)
Directions:

Combine the flour, sugar, salt, ground cinnamon and the 3 eggs in a large bowl. Make a well in center of dry ingredients, combine the eggs and oil, stirring until just moistened. Stir in chopped mango, pecan or walnuts and lime juice. Add raisins if you want. Spoon batter into 2 greased/floured loaf pans, preferably medium size. Bake at 375 °F (medium-hot oven) for approximately 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife inserted in the bread comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans on wire racks for about 10minutes. Remove the loaves from the pans and let them cool completely on the wire racks.

I would personally suggest that if you like milk, serve some in a glass and enjoy every bite of this mango bread.

3 comments:

  1. I love all things mango! And your bread looks gorgeous! Great job, Alana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this! Anything mango!!! Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete